Pet Surgery: Keeping Your Companion in Good Hands
When your pet comes to us for surgery, you can have every confidence knowing they’re in the best possible hands. Animal Hospital of Lewisville proudly uses the most modern surgical and monitoring equipment to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older and more high-risk patients. Our doctors perform an array of elective and emergency surgeries, and we also offer some orthopedics for pets with bone or ligament injuries.
How to Schedule Surgery for Your Pet
Elective surgeries must be scheduled by appointment. This guarantees that every patient coming in for surgery on any given day receives individual attention from our veterinary team. Simply give us a call to schedule your pet’s surgery, and we’ll let you know if we need to see them in advance for an exam and blood work. We always examine patients and do lab testing if we think it’s necessary to reduce anesthesia risks.
Schedule your pet’s surgical procedure with us.
Why You Can Trust Our Pet Surgery Capabilities
Pet parents have every right to want the best care for their animal companions, especially where surgery is concerned. These are just some of the things we do to keep your pet safe:
- We recommend pre-surgical laboratory testing to evaluate your pet’s health and increase their safety.
- For anesthesia, we use up-to-date and reliable monitoring and surgical equipment. This allows us to observe your pet’s vital signs visually and electronically.
- All patients are kept warm during their surgery to prevent the potential for hypothermia.
- We implement pain control before, during, and after your pet’s surgery, and recommend taking home pain medication to help your pet recover comfortably at home.
The vets and staff are second to none. They treat all of our animals like their own. In addition, we are always done super quickly! They are punctual but offer the best and most thorough care possible. I never feel like my questions don’t matter! We work primarily with Dr. Journell and she’s the best!
- Joanna M
Dr. Journell is seriously the best. She kept our baby bear happy and strong for two years after he was diagnosed with heart failure. She understood what was right for him and what was to much for his body to handle. My husband and I love all the staff as well, always friendly and understanding.
- Casey J
The friendliest staff, cleanest facilities & competent, caring vets. My dog is as excited to come here as he is to go to the dog park, which makes my life much easier than if he was nervous and scared and I had to drag him there.
- Megan C
- Usually only requires mild sedation (varies pet to pet)
- Quick, safe, and effective
- Minimal after care is needed
- Pinpoint accuracy
- Little to no discomfort
For more information on our cryotherapy services, give us a call today.